This Privacy Statement describes how TVS ELECTRONICS PVT LTD (referred to as "TVS-E", "we", "our" and "us") uses and discloses the information that we collect from you when you visit store.Tvs-e.in (“Site”), or use products, applications, or services that reference this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Services”). Our Services are very diverse, so sometimes additional policies may apply. These additional policies will be available with the relevant Services, and those additional policies become part of your agreement with us if you use those Services.
“Aggregate Information” is information that has been combined with information about other users and analyzed or evaluated as a whole, such that no specific individual may be reasonably identified. For example, Aggregate Information may include a statement that says “50% of our users have used the mobile app in the last month”.
“Cookies” are text files, typically small in size that are placed on your computer by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
“Personal Data” is any information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information. Personal Data does not include Aggregate Information or other anonymized information (including metadata) collected by TVS-E that cannot be used to identify you, even if such information was derived from your Personal Data.
“Usage Data” is information about how you use the Services, such as your browser type, domains, page views, duration, and information about the device you use to access the Services.
“Web Beacons” (also known as “Clear GIFs” and “Pixel Tags”) are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails that are used to monitor the behavior of a website user or recipient of an email.
COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect Personal Data when you buy products on the Site and when we conduct marketing activities, gather feedbacks, provide customer supports, and run our business operations. The Personal Data we collect varies based upon whether you are using the Site, products sold on the Site (“Products”), or other Services.
For the information that you provide to us during sign up or when you set up your account or profile, the information we collect may include your name, email address, telephone number, gender, date of birth, country where you reside, and other information that may help is better provide the services to you.
We may also collect information from your use of our Service, such as how you use a particular Service. This information includes:
- Device-specific information. We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information).
- Log information. When you use our Services, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, such as Usage Data, usage detail and device event information (e.g., crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and referral URL.)
- Location information. We may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors. For example, if our Service can provide driving direction, traffic reporting, recommendation of establishments near your location, and similar services, then we may collect your device’s real-time or compiled geographical information in order to provide such Service to you.
- Unique application numbers. Certain Services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to us at the time of installation or update.
- Information we collect when you are signed in to our Services may be associated with your account. When information is associated with your account, we treat it as personal information.
In addition to the purposes listed above, we may also use your Personal Data to:
- Communicate with you. Obtain your name for purposes of communicating with you and identifying you as a user of the website or product.
- Verify your identity. We may use your Personal Data to verify who you are. For example, we may verify your age or that you have obtained your parent’s or guardian’s permission to use the website or product.
- Send you marketing materials. We may send you marketing materials, such as promotional emails or catalogue, to keep you informed of our upcoming product releases. You generally must opt-in to receiving our marketing materials, and you may opt out of receiving them at any time. For more information on how to opt out, please see YOUR CHOICES below.
- Respond to your questions and fulfill your requests.We may send you communications upon your request or otherwise with your consent.
- Provide support and receive feedback. We may request Personal Data in order to provide support to you. We may also collect Personal Data that are associated with your feedback.
We also gather non-descriptive, non-identifiable statistical information about how many visitors use our Services, how our users use the Services, how our users access certain content available on our Services, how long our users access certain content, what content our users are accessing, and our user preferences or settings for certain Services. We use this Aggregated Information for statistical analysis of how users make use of the Services so we can better improve our Services.
DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Because we know your Personal Data is important to you, we may share your information for the reason(s) disclosed to you at the time we collect it, with your consent, as well as in the following ways:
- At your direction.We will share your information with third parties if and when you direct us to. For example, you may ask us to share your Personal Data when you wish to interact with other users or post certain information on social media.
- With our Vendors.We may share your Personal Data with our Vendors as necessary to enable them to provide services to us. Vendors are third parties (other companies and individuals) that support the operation and maintenance of our Services.
- With our Partners.We may allow certain third parties, such as car manufacturers or electronic consumer device manufacturers, to integrate components of our Services into their own devices and software. These third parties will use our platform to access your information to facilitate our Services on their device or software. They may elect to collect or use your information using our platform without our knowledge. These third parties are separately responsible for their own privacy policies and practices. In addition, we may collect information about these third party devices or software that you use to help us provide core functions of our Services.
- With our commonly owned entities.We may share your Personal Data with other companies under common ownership and control of TVS-E, which may include our subsidiaries, corporate parent, or any other subsidiaries owned by our corporate parent. We do this in order to provide you better service and improve your experience.
- With third party service providers:We may disclose or share your personal information with our customer support centre, an authorized repairer or third party service providers whom we work with in the course of our business including customer support, security, financial and legal advisory, banking, credit reporting, fraud checks, data storage, information processing, marketing, product reviews, responding to customer queries and complaints, technology services or law enforcement agency for compliance purposes or to assist with investigations.